Real-time bidding definition
RTB (real-time bidding) is an advertising technology that allows to conduct a real-time auction to buy and sell ads. Basically, advertisers bid for placing their ads on publishers’ websites.
If you’d like to find out whether your bid is a winning one, you should pay attention to the WinRate metric at RichAds. It shows if your bid wins at the auction. To be precise, it’s the ratio of the impressions won to the total number of bids made.
How does the auction work?
The mechanism of trading is quite easy:
- The user visits a site that is connected to the SSP system, and the system immediately identifies the user by IP address and cookie.
- Then the DMP system searches for detailed information on this user, and the SSP sends all this data to the buyer (DSP.)
- Next, advertisers determine the value of this user based on the data available about him and campaign settings, and make bids.
- In real time SSP collects all the bids on a specific user, selects the winner who offered the highest bid, and shows his advertising message to the user.
Important: The auction takes place very quickly, it literally takes a few seconds.
Who participates in RTB?
There are three main types of platforms that are involved in real-time bidding:
- DSP (demand-side-platform) — platform that allows affiliate marketers and direct advertisers to buy advertising space on different sites.
- DMP (demand-management-platform) — a system that collects data about users, their behavior on various sites, interests, as well as the visits history.
- SSP (sell-side-platform) —a platform that includes many sites providing advertising spaces for additional income.
How to choose the best bid?
There are several ways to choose a winning bid. First of all, you can do your own market analysis, consult with a manager, choose the best option and monitor the Win Rate metric.
You can also use a Predictor. This feature provides traffic volume forecasts for your targeting (GEO, device, additional settings) and helps you choose the best bid for your campaign. Forecasts are based on stats for the last 24 hours.
Due to this feature, you won’t be mistaken with a bid and will surely know the amount of available traffic for your GEO and targeting.
What is RichAds?
🔝 Push and pop ads,
🔼 Domain redirect traffic,
🔝 CPM for domain ads starts from $ 1.5,
⏫ CPC for push ads starts from $ 0.003,
🔼 CPM for pops — from $0.3 in Tier 3, $1 in Tier 1,
⏫ large volumes of available traffic in more than 200 goes.