What is pop traffic?
You must have already faced advertising windows that open up or under the page the user is browsing at the moment. Affiliate marketers call this kind of windows pop ads. There are different types of such advertising but 3 of them are the most popular ones:
- popup – appears on top of the content the user is browsing;
- popunder – appears under the window of the user;
- clickunder – appears under the window of the user after the first click.
Today pop advertising is one of the most popular options for interruption marketing.
I’m new to affiliate marketing. Is it reasonable to start my journey from pop ads?
Pop ads are the perfect choice for newbies in the sphere. Pop traffic stands out by low bid prices and huge traffic volumes. It’s perfect for those who want to try their hand in affiliate marketing with minimal spending. Newbies can learn, master, and even make mistakes. Low prices will not allow users to spend huge sums.
Moreover, you don’t have to think about creatives. The key to success is just a converting landing page. Also, pop traffic is not as fussy as Facebook, contextual, or other traffic types.
As you can see, the advantages of pops for newbies are countless.
What do I need to start a pop campaign?
To start a pop campaign you need a few elements:
- Traffic source. We recommend choosing an advertising network or platform that has all the features to make the campaign launch easier. Search for feedback from other users, evaluate the pros and cons. High-quality pop traffic you can find in the RichAds advertising platform.
- Offer. Use options that will be interesting for a huge number of users. Too specific offers will hardly work in this case.
- Landing page. Converting landing pages is a necessary component of success in pop ads. You can make a landing page by yourself or find them with the help of special spy tools. Also, landing pages are offered in CPA networks you’ve chosen.
- Tracking tool. At first, tracking tools may seem complicated and confusing. It’s not true. Set up tracking for the first time and then you will only enjoy the process of tracking results and performing optimization.
I doubt if all the verticals are suitable for pop campaigns. Where to launch?
Here are the verticals that will definitely convert with pops: sweepstakes, dating, gambling, app installs.
Choosing a vertical remember that it should have low payouts and bring conversions easily. Also, the vertical should engage a huge audience and be as universal as possible.
Don’t forget that you can get a profit only if you know what and whom you sell. Narrow verticals will hardly work with pop traffic as they target a very special group of customers.
How to choose an offer? Are there some rules to remember?
A kind of offer plays an important role in your success in pop ads. We can give you some recommendations to increase the probability of your success:
- Ask your affiliate manager about the best offers in your vertical. Feel free to ask for updates and new offers.
- Use spy tools services. It’s necessary if you don’t want to miss any popular offer that shows nice results.
- Don’t forget about a/b testing. This way is best to identify the best performing option. But don’t test lots of offers simultaneously as it needs a bigger budget.
- Make split testing of the same offer from different CPA networks.
What about GEOs? How to choose it according to the budget?
Choosing a GEO fully depends on your budget and experience. You can choose any country from Tier 1, 2, or 3.
Tier 1. These countries have high bids and intelligent audiences that can disable and ignore ads. Despite the high payouts advertising here requires certain skills.
Tier 2. This tier has huge traffic volumes and quite moderate payouts and CPC rates. Before launching a campaign don’t forget to implement localization of the landing page as well as do market research. Tier 3. These countries have huge traffic volumes, low competition, and low payouts. Don’t forget to perform localization and check the development of technologies in a particular country.
There are different types of pop traffic. How to choose the appropriate one for my offer?
There are 3 types of pop traffic: popup, popunder, and clickunder.
Popup. This format is effective but quite obsessive. The new window appears against the user’s will and may irritate them. Moreover, popups are usually blocked by special software and ignored by users. In this case, it’s better to use special offers that are targeted at the audience of a certain website. Thus your campaign will be the most effective.
Popunder & Clickunder. Popunders and clickunders are less compulsive. This page should be as attractive as possible to catch the user’s attention. But still, these types of pop ads will work only with segments of products or services interesting for a broad group of customers.
Is it difficult to prepare converting landing pages for pop traffic?
In pop campaigns you don’t have to use creatives, so, all the efforts should be aimed at landing pages.
- Prepare clear and vivid slogans. Don’t make your messages too complicated, avoid implications.
- Use a call-to-action button. Place it at the top of the page and use a simple message with figures and bonuses.
- Don’t forget about the loading speed. The page should load until the user clicks and closes the popup or popunder window.
- Add triggers that will motivate users to make target action. Place them in thematic blocks (guarantees, contacts, delivery, etc).
- Think about the combination of design and content. Which component prevails depends on the sphere of the product/service.
What pitfalls should I assume while working with pop traffic?
You may think that pop traffic is the perfect type of ads with no disadvantages at all. But it’s not as simple as that.
- Often closed by users. It means quite a low engagement rate.
- Intrusive ad type. Popups and popunders may distract users from their activity and block on a subconscious level.
- Lots of bots and spam. This ad type influences brand reputation. Be careful not to harm and not to get negative effects.
- Pops can be blocked. Often pop ads are blocked by special instruments on Chrome and Firefox.
How to optimize my pop campaign effectively?
While working with a pop campaign you can optimize the user’s profile and traffic source.
Optimizing users’ profiles try to change the following parameters taking into account the data and conversions from the tracking tool: city & region, device, OS, browser, etc.
Also, you can optimize the traffic sources. To make it in RichAds you can use special flagship features, for example, Automated rules and Micro bidding. Automated rules allow creating automatic settings for black and white lists according to different parameters. Micro bidding helps to set up different bids for different parameters of one campaign.
Also, we recommend creating separate campaigns for mobile and desktop traffic to identify which type converts better.
Remember that you can find high-quality popunder and clickunder traffic in the RichAds advertising platform. Waiting for your conversions ?
How to Optimize Pops Ad Campaign Like a Pro? Learn here.